TMNT Origins RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terrapin Tanks.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Erica Martins

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 8:04 am

(welp didnt turn out too bad.)

Terrapin Tanks. Img_2710

Back to top Go down
Baxter Stockman

Baxter Stockman

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:04 pm

That is not at all what I ordered. I was thinking something more like this..

Terrapin Tanks. Turtle12(1)

But a tank...and some sand.
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:16 pm

*rolls about giggling* yeeeeaaaaaah but you said giant turtles so the pet store went full aquarium style not just decorative bowl Wink - sides a bowl like that - they can jump out of.
Back to top Go down
Baxter Stockman

Baxter Stockman

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:33 pm

Don't believe I told them they were giant turtles. Just turtles. Ok well....their tanks are too nice! I want the next ones built to be a little less welcoming.
Back to top Go down
Slash
Canon
Slash

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:38 pm

(Oo
really if you had not there would be only actual fish tanks and even the smaller Mei would have trouble fitting in one of those - of course their nice!... still kids 'fish' tanks though...)

Hmmmm I rather like the look of the fish bowl version - looks like a spa... though would not fit even one of me shell spikes in it...

Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 3:06 pm

What the tanks ACTUALLY look like. Sense I was there when they were created. in my head.

Is a very large. a 400,000 US gallons (1,500 m3), 17-foot (5 m) tall tank. as wide as it is tall. There is a thick layer of fine white sand on the bottom. Near the back of the tank is a good size pool with a large palm tree.

One the other side, is a heating lamp on the outside of the tank that can be controlled from the inside of the tank with an on/off switch.

There is a vault like door for the enterence of the tank.

This is what my/baxter's tanks look like.

though your picture is nice. the tanks are not that nice.
Back to top Go down
http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
Erica Martins

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 3:23 pm

Rolling Eyes  Not too sound rude  -  but then maybe you should have drawn them?  Razz

Or told me more before hand -

I did the best I could with vague references in here and chatzy. And went with a ... well 'tank' set up not an actual fish bowl... and regardless of whether their nice or not there is the inescapable fact it is a tank, designed for pets - or a zoo. And there are in a lab. A prison.

But seeing as we are not the only ones in and out of that scene with characters and other scenes that will involve the tanks for some time it will be put to a vote as the deciding use and roll with it.
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Me draw? nah. tried to draw the blue prints to a house once. looked like a picasso piece.

Sooooooo not trying to start trouble, truly! And you don't sound rude at all. Instead of drawing though I should have described the tanks from the start. I did mention vaguly what they looked like in chat, bacsically the sand, tree, and pond. but I didn't go into any more detail then that and that's my fault.

It's not that I don't like your design I think it's more I don't understand it?

Like...the waterfall for example. Where is the water coming from? the top of the tank is sealed, if it wasn't I'm sure any of the turtles could do a few jumps to try and get out.

Also in the game a door at the bottom of the tank was mentioned. and I was wondering how that worked when the tanks are sitting on the floor. Wouldn't a door not be able to open because it would be blocked by the floor?

Some of the things make no sense to me. But again, it's probably because I didn't bother describing the tanks in the game it's self.

In my head, the only way in or out of the tank was through the one door.

I suppose it doesn't matter what the tank's decor looks like? I just can't see Bax making them all fancy sense he was originally just going to kill the turtles anyway. the only reason he set anything up was just to insult the turtles.

eh. it's all good. I'm just a cranky old woman. don't mind me :p
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Picasso Piece !! - lol sounds like most of the Sims 4 homes my cousins build ... Razz not that I am any better.

Wink feed back is always good and I no mind questions.

Yeah maybe Baxter (and judging by MS Saki's chatzy visit I don't think he's going to be allowed to kill them) - but I doubted those whose job is to deliver satisfactory habitable homes for pets would have gone with a basic fish bowl design no matter what his purposes where, even if Baxter told them exactly what he was housing. As far as I knew there was a desire for a three tanks? two finished one mid way through construction from what I read - to house big land based but aquatic turtles - so thats' what I went with, with custom aeroplane strength glass with a food hatch, and two entry points.  Both have glass panels that slide up or aside to allow entry/ exit... the lower hatch is more like a doggy door and basic swing in/out design. Too small for even Mei to squeeze out through but just big enough for quick access by a human. And luckily so for Sammy cause thats where he was pulled out from.

dont be like Sammy!!

The waterfall... I am not much good with gardens but I know you can build them to be funneled up through rocks to cascade over them, for the tanks the water fall falls two ways, one stream inside the 'loo area' to act as a way to wash ... well crap away... the rest spills down the outer rocks to feed the stream and into the pond... to um prevent stagnation and mould or other icky things growin. For drinking and splashing about in Razz and pebbles for the Red to toss about.

Figured both the Bax and Saki would immensely enjoy makin the guys feel they were nothing but zoo animals... Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:37 pm

lol yes don't be like sammy!

I hadn't even thought of a bathroom area. XD that would be useful. I don't think any of the workers would want to clean that up.

and yes yes. two tanks and one being built.
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Well thats what interns do, get the lousiest jobs Razz

Wink and I did include the things you had mentioned previously, sand, pond and tree... though two trees Very Happy

More questions?

And are we are using them then? Be easier seeing as their now drawn for reference for all posters in the scenes, both you, I, Rogue, Kitteh and MS too.
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 5:44 pm

yes yes. we shall use them! now that things make more sense to me.

Love says if she ends up in a tank she wants it to look like her swamp! with big moss trees!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Terrapin Tanks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrapin Tanks.   Terrapin Tanks. Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrapin Tanks.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT Origins RPG :: Members' Corner :: The Niche'-
Jump to: