TMNT Origins RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KittyGrl

KittyGrl

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Empty
PostSubject: Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis   Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 9:32 pm

From September 26th, 2015 to April 10th, 2016, there is a TMNT exhibit in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana.  Although it caters mostly to the new show, there are some things that focus on the history of TMNT itself - including a TMNT trivia game that you will see later.  I decided to make this as a tour of sorts with having the pics separated into groups to give you a feel of the place.  I will warn you, I have a lot of pictures.  But, I feel they are all necessary to capture everything going on in this lovely exhibit.  This whole thing was contained in a single, large room, so I will try to keep things in order as I walked through the place.  

Enjoy the tour, guys! Smile

((I don't know why, but some of the pics are on their sides.  I apologize ahead of time if you need a neck massage or an adjustment from your local chiropractor. Razz ))

These pics are before you get into the exhibit or just inside the entrance of it.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5210
The banner of the attraction hanging outside the museum on the side of the building.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5316
This is a HUGE poster applied to the back wall in the lobby of the museum.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5318
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5317
The entrance of the TMNT exhibit.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5310
These guys are there to greet you the moment you walk into the exhibit room.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5312

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5311
These are two signs to your right as you enter the room.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5526
This is a light projected onto the floor just inside the room that looks like a manhole cover.

Moving to the left, these pics show a brief history of the Turtles.
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5314
TMNT Collections

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5528

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5527
Close-ups of these.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5315
Between the collections panels is Movie Raphael.  Since the sign might be hard to read, I'll retype what it says.

"Turning comic book/cartoon turtles into believable live-action characters isn't easy.  In the 1990's, costumes like this one were made out of latex foam, hand-sculpted and painted.

Actor Matt Hill wore this costume to play Raphael in the third Turtles movie.  The arms, head, legs, and body are all separate pieces; the shell and kneepads hide the seams!

Raphael costume - TMNT III: Turtles in Time (1993)"

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5313

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5522

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5546

More collections and close-ups

This wraps up the entrance part of the exhibit.  The next post will be continuing on the left side of the room.

Last edited by KittyGrl on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KittyGrl

KittyGrl

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis   Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:21 am

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5515

Instead of continuing on the left side of the room, I thought I would show you some individual Turtle statues first.  These guys are soooo cool, but were very difficult to photograph because of inconsistent lighting conditions.  It was very rare to catch them in the regular light.  Every half-hour or so, the current show's theme song would play and the guys were turned all sorts of colors with strobe lights and other flashes of light.  Really cool, but not easy to capture in pics.

Leading off is Leonardo, of course! Very Happy

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5321

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5410

Next is Raphael

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5322

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5611

Then comes Donatello

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5511

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5610

...and finally Michelangelo!

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5513

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5810

I wasn't originally going to include these, but they were requested.  These are with Turtles in various lighting and effects.  Most of these are of Donnie because it took me forever to get a decent pic that didn't have weird lighting.  He decided he liked being different colors and became my primary model to showcase that, instead. Razz 

During the theme song, when the Turtles were being introduced by name, the corresponding colors were on that particular Turtle.  I only have Leo and Raph, but Don's still stealing the 'regular' spotlight. Wink

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5518
"Leonardo's, the leader in blue.  Does anything it takes to get his ninjas through!"

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5519
"Raphael's got the most attitude on the team!"

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5413
This was a neat effect.  It looks like a shuriken.  It was spinning, too.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5516
This was a swirling pattern - kinda cool.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5710Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5412
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5517
I think I have Don in every color BUT his own!

Here are a few more:

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5414
Leo looks great in green!

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5415
Front view of Raph

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5612
Raph in red!

Okay, so now that the guys have been properly introduced, now we can move on to the left side of the room again.  'Til next time!
Back to top Go down
KittyGrl

KittyGrl

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis   Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:57 pm

So now moving to the left side of the room again.  I apologize once more for a lot of the pics being on their sides.

These are the real weapons like the Turtles use.  Since the descriptions are a bit difficult to read, I'll retype them for you.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5324
"Katana swords are the weapon of the honorable samurai. Leo, the leader, chose katanas as his weapon to fit his own heroic ambitions."
"Nunchucks were developed by peasants for whom sharp weapons were forbidden.  Mikey's crazy acrobatic style makes these whirling sticks a perfect fighting companion."
"The Bo staff is used for blocks, strikes, and sweep attacks.  Donnie likes to keep his enemies - and sometimes his brothers! - at a distance when fighting."
"Sai are a traditional Okinawan weapon for close hand-to-hand fighting.  Raphael doesn't shy away from a brawl, with his sai or his fist."

On the other side of the 'weapons wall' is the dojo.  I thought the use of decorative rugs for the dojo exhibit was a neat idea considering how ornate the carpeting is for the actual dojo floor.  
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5530
The mirror on the left is for you to see yourself as a ninja.  There are robes and belts in the box in front of the mirror.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5545
They look like this once you put them on.  I don't know if they were only sizes for kids or if there were some for adults, too.  I never saw any adults wear them.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5614
A close-up of the first of many character profile signs that can be found inside this exhibit - Raph!  His can be found in the dojo.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5533
On the right side of the dojo is this wall with a doorway and another small room beyond it.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5334
Splinter's wall on the front side of the small room.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5532
This is a close-up of Splinter's profile.

There are several electronic games around inside the exhibit.  This one was in front of the dojo.  There is another one just like it on the other side of the pillar behind the first one. 
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5534
This game closely resembles the "Fruit Ninja" one on phones or the "Skewer in the Sewer" game on the Nick site.  Basically in this one, you slice and dice the pizza but you want to avoid the mutagen canisters.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5326

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5417
The game in action! It threw other pizza ingredients like mushrooms and pepperoni, also.

Inside the little room to the right of the dojo, you have this display to the left.  It showcases how the mutagen changed the Turtles.  These are the first of several 'scenes' where the displays use actual store-bought figures to represent the scene.  I thought this was a nice touch.
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5327

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5331
There was this sliding door that moved back and forth between the two displays to feature the "before and after" effect.

There was glass which gave off horrible reflections while trying to photograph these - sorry about that.
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5332

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5333
Close-ups of these two displays.  I don't believe they used TMNT figures in the first one, but I think it's still cute with the non-mutated turtles.

The Cheese Phone!  This is to the other side of the doorway in that small room.  I don't have close-ups of the two signs/profiles of the villains, so I'll re-type what each one is down below:

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5325
Know Your Enemy - The Kraaang

Species: Kraang

Description:
Brain-like aliens using robot bodies to disguise their true forms.

Additional Info:
The Kraang brought mutagenic ooze to Earth; with this weapon, they hope to conquer our civilization.

When Fighting the Kraang:
These alien brains work together as a unified team.  To fight them effectively, coordinate your efforts - use creative strategies to outwit them!

Know Your Enemy - Shredder

Special abilities:
Skilled martial artist, criminal mastermind

Additional Info:
Shredder, once like a brother to Splinter, has chosen to use his ninja powers for evil.  His mind is filled with hatred.

When fighting Shredder:
Stay calm.  His impulsiveness is his weakness.  Watch for opportunities then strike!

I wasn't originally going to include these, but if I'm giving a complete layout of the exhibit, I felt they should also be in this tour.

When you leave the small room, which has only three walls, there are these two small activities to the right.  They probably look similar to toys you played with when you were really young.  I did think it was a nice touch of having cushions to sit/kneel on while doing these because of the ancient Japanese tradition of sitting on something similar to these cushions at the dinner table.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5335
The "Cheese Maze".

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5419
A buiding game called, "Tower Puzzle Challenge".

In front of the front wall (with Splinter) of the small room, is this teamwork activity.  Since the TMNT is all about working together as a unit, a major part of the exhibit focuses on that.
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5330
The instructions.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5418
This is how it works.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5529
Look who is helping out with this game.  It's 'Raph'! Wink

This concludes the left side of the exhibit.  The next post will focus on the back of the room.  Until next time!
Back to top Go down
KittyGrl

KittyGrl

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis   Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:49 pm

((Sorry for the extremely long delay on getting this next post up.  Real-life got in the way and I only have these pics on my laptop.))

This is the back of the room.  A lot is going on in this area and some of it will be explained in greater detail in a future post.

The "Training Tunnel".  This is one that will explained more later.  A lot of different activities happen in this space at the same time.  
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5549

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5618
When this space is in use for these activities, the area is barricaded off so the only way to enter the area is through the "tunnel".

Donatello's Lab
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5495
This is a view of the entire lab here.  There are several small activities in this space.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5117
In the front, there are several pieces of a puzzle.  You put the pieces in the correct places and something happens.  I did not witness what happens when the puzzle is complete, however I pretty much ended up capturing both in pictures, after all.

Here is what the sign says:

Complete the circuits to finish Donnie's project
Donatello is working on some new machines, but only has enough parts to do one at a time.

Use the electric circuit pieces to complete each puzzle and see what happens!

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5492
The Shredder picture lights up, apparently.  I wish I had this at a better angle, but as I mentioned before, I didn't think I even had pictures of the two puzzle results until I looked through my photos. Wink

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5108
The fan turns on?  This is a guess, but that's what it looks like it does.  I was SO CLOSE to getting this one (during activation) in a photo!

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5109
This was a badly-timed photo because it already gives away what happens, but I'll explain it anyway.  Just ignore the screen on the wall. Razz  This is the 'back' of Don's lab and this activity has a computer with three buttons on it.  You have a sheet lying next to it with different combinations.  If you guess the right combination, then that image appears.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5119
This is what it looks like before solving the combination.  ((*psst!* It's the first combination that works. Wink ))

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5112
Ta-da!  Honestly, I have NO idea what he's building. scratch

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5110
A close-up of whatever he's working on.  Still another great use for the action figures in these displays.

Next to Don's lab while moving to the right, there is a life-sized replica of the "Pizza Thrower" toy from the 80s.
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5481
Here is a sign about it.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5488
Here are your targets.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5485
Wide view of what you're aiming for.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5483
Rules!

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5484
What the machine looks like.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5487
A pic from the shooter's point of view.

Ready...aim...

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5486
Fire!  Notice the orange 'pizza' disc close to hitting Bebop?

To the left of the "Pizza Thrower" (on the side closest to Don's Lab) is this little display.  It has another one of those action figure displays and also you'll see Casey's journal underneath (the back cover).
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5496

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5100
A closer look at the action figure display.  Have I mentioned how much I just love these displays? Very Happy

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5101
A close-up of the display.  I probably own everything in this particular scene. Wink

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5498
The front cover of Casey's journal replica.  The journal's pages (and cover) are made of cloth, so no tearing. Wink  This is probably my favorite of the 'books' in the exhibit.  Casey's description of characters in the pages of his journal are hilarious!

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5499
Pages 1 and 2

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5497
Pages 3 and 4

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5102
Pages 5 and 6

On the back side of the "Pizza Thrower" there is a small activity with a maze - pretty self-explanatory.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5115
One view of this puzzle.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5118
Another angle of the same puzzle.

Next to the "Pizza Thrower" there are a couple of the more physical activities to do - stuff to climb on/in.
Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5493
I haven't quite figured out what this is for other than just a stairway to climb.  At the top on the left is a window to look out of.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5103
A sewer pipe crawl space.

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Img_5494
Another angle of the crawl space.

This concludes the back of the room.  The next post will cover the right side of the room.  Until next time - which will be MUCH sooner! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis   Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis Empty

Back to top Go down

Tour of the TMNT Exhibit at the Children's Museum in Indianapolis
Page 1 of 1