TMNT Origins RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beginnings

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:49 pm

Date: Nov. 5th
Time: 8 AM

(Takes place four hours after Safe Haven)

~*~*~*~*~

Erica unfortunately had not actually noted her phone's lite up face until she had been up for at least an hour, she had dressed in a light purple dress and coat and soft hide boots over purple toe socks and been down to help her Gran Gran set up to begin opening up Cafe Noble, and had returned to her room to get herself ready. She had found one garbage bag filled with a few cushions and old cloths rags to fill more pillow and cushion cases for the mutant cat now staying with her Jaws. 

And it was as she picked up her phone that she finally noted more than the alarm, there was a message and a missed call. Erica checked the log and raised her eyebrow, well must be important for April to have tried to reach out to her before the sun rise.  She checks the left voice message and then the text;

April wrote:
"Urgh um, Erica it's April, call me back unless you get my message first." She hangs up and clicks the message option making the girls image vanish as she quickly types out. 'Erica I must catch up with you first thing this morning, write me as soon as you are up. It's urgent. April.'

And... was even more puzzled.

She sits on her bed cross legged and presses the return call option placing it on speaker phone and listens to the dial tone.
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:48 am

Her phone had somehow found its way onto her face so the sudden vibration against her nose and the laughter ringtone she had attached to Erica's contact details quiet gave her a startled shock. She sat up with a gasp and the phone fell into her lap.

She blinks.

Then her fogged brain fast forwarded through the events and she scrambles a bit, putting her feet on the floor and sitting up pressing the answer button and the speaker phone. We did not worry that she would wake Raph he was sometimes a heavy sleeper usually and required either loud repetitive annoying noises (alarms for example) or forceful physical prodding to disturb... and sometimes it was like disturbing a hibernating bear.

"Erica! Oh thank you for calling me back." she greets gladly rubbing sleep from her eyes and stretching a bit.

Erica wrote:
Erica smiles, she and April had always been good friends even given the some eight years between their ages. "good morning April, everything alright?" she asks concerned, after all it had to be quiet serious for April to call so early and request she call back asap.

"Nothing per say Erica, I just -" April answers and though she hesitated for like two seconds she had never been one to beat about the bush and went on. "It's about your... friend - Jaws... uh Leatherhead- well technically his new roo-"

Erica wrote:
her breath caught and whatever she had been about to say died. She grips her phone in shock. Sure she had mentioned Jaws a long time ago, but never his full name. "April-" She cuts her off, her own tone a little alarmed. "How do you know of Leatherhead?"

"... his new room mate" April had to fight down a snarl under her breath, she could here the worry in her young friends tone and bet her brown eyes were wide with concern. "is a ... um acquaintance of my adopted family's" She had to figure out how best to explain this as she was not yet going to give away everything.

Erica wrote:
Really she was not appeased but she fought down the urge to pester April, out of respect of being friends so long themselves and almost like a big sister to her... and if there was ever anyone she would have told about Leatherhead's existence in full and not just seemingly a lonely childs' imagining. It would have been April. "oh I-"

"I wont say anything Erica - promise... I have learned what he is. I promise, you can trust me - you know that." April interrupted the no doubt surprised girl on the other end of the phone smiling a bit and checking on Raph to make sure she had not disturbed him and that she tucked the throw back around him gently rubbing his snout and removing the dew rag so he could keep sleeping, along with his sai after recalling they were as ever in his belt. The guy had a very rough night after all. "I just have to warn you about Love, I am not certain if your friend knows or not, but Love is a predator, and she has in the past hunted and killed... and eaten humans." April again saw no need to stumble about words or hide facts. She had told her lil green brother she would tell Erica. Warn her.

Erica wrote:
Her heart beat. And had she not been next to April all her life, had known the older girl that long too she might have been much more angry, upset and wondering what to do that her hidden friend had become a little less secret. Though April's words had her blinking. "Really?... are you serious?" Erica wanted to be sure she heard right.[/color]

"As serious as a hearrrr rrrhhhhhhhh th th atttack." April said, making it sound less serious as she stretched and yawned. "I needed to let you know." She smiled and decided to not shower, to not wash off the smell of Raph she was probably wearing like a second skin right now. "I mean... from what tiny bit I learned of your Jaws he will protect you but you still needed to know."

Erica wrote:
"He would do what was necessary, as would I to protect him." Erica admits smiling. "Lets hope that never comes to that." She sighs. "Thank you for the heads up April, much appreciated."

A smile as she stands and heads to the kitchen placing the dew rag and his weapons on the bench. "Your welcome. You and your friend ... of what ten years now... you sound close?" April enquirers playfully. "And hey if you are not busy today I have a few small chores I'd ask of a good friend to do for me. Well one big chore really." She opens the oven and gives Raphael's tea from the night before a good sniff over before deciding it was still fine for him and checking his garlic bread was still fine too, he had an entire roll of garlic bread to himself.

\"Erica wrote:
"Leatherhead and I are close, but nothing like your tone is suggesting." Erica smiles amused, "A big chore huh? what is it finally going to put Robyns room to good use?" she knew Robyn too. Though was not as close to her as April. "Need me to fake a sick day and get started on it, she's already tagged everything she doesn't want and taken what she did."

That was good. "Naww well a decade long friendship... that's close to our long we have known each other." That was very good.

"Yeah, it is about time it got started, never know when we might need the space." She covered back up the food and put it back into the oven turning it on low again to heat and keep warm. "I have... some work to be done and wont be home most of the day but this really needs to get started and you know I always am good on returning the favor or payment. And I need some shopping too."

Though if her hunches to far are right... there would be no need for either repayment or reimbursement - it would sort itself out.

Erica wrote:
April, always busy, much like her own father. She got it and was always happy to help out. "Alright, alright, send me a list of what needs buying for shopping and doing to get the ball rolling in regards to Robyn's room, I may not be able to get there until lunch is that alright?" Erica sighs she was going to have to text Leatherhead and meet him somewhere on his territory patrol to give him the stuff Love requested.

"Thats fine." More than fine by then... well maybe - "that's great I will try to be home this evening." The red haired checked the time and knew if she and Shaya hoped to at least try catching up before they both had work to get to she had to go as is in the leggings and t-shirt that smelled of last night and Raphael and with that special cologne she had a cat to skin also. "Thank you in advance encase I do not make it home."

Erica wrote:
"Try to be, I might make some dinner, after all your paying for the shopping." Erica giggles and stands to get the pins and needles out of her feet from having sat in the cross legged position so long. "be careful out there April, things are crazy at the moment."

"You too girl, and don't go to great lengths for there shopping, it is dangerous, just get in and get out, sending you details shortly, see you when I see you." April farewells as she feels her jacket, it was dry. So she slips on the bright yellow signature piece and uses a pen to keep her red tresses in a knot.

Erica wrote:
"Not if I see you first Gingee." Erica chuckles back in farewell pressing the end call tab and smiling. She had a busy day - time to get started.

April grinned finally tucking away her phone and moving back to Raph to find his tphone and leave him a message on it and a count down timer that would wake him at twelve noon setting it on its loudest most annoying ringtone to do so. 'Got to get to work, Erica has been in touch, she has been warned about Love, I have a few errands and work, I will be back at dinner, if you are feeling up to it have something to eat, it will help, trust me' And she did not mean the food alone but did not add that! 'Love you, big sis, Ape.'

And placing his tphone on the television stand table out of his reach so once it started it's annoying buzzing and loud ringing he'd have to move to silence it and see her message so as not to fret about where she was April again gave him an affectionate rub on the snout and left him to sleep some more sneaking quietly out.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:02 am

And with the called ended Erica thought over what April had told her and if those that took Love to live with her best friend had let him know?

She preferred to think they had and shouldering her bag and then gathering up those items needed for Love after texting Leatherhead to let him know where she will leave them for him. And then tucking the phone into her left bra cup beneath her dress and jacket then headed out of her room to retrieve the spare key that her grand mother had kept and still used on occasion for April's place, the most recent being that birth day cake for the mysterious Raph. And, thus trusting to April to send her instructions -

Which would be twenty minutes later

- Erica headed out to run her mornings errands.

~*~*~ 12:10 pm ~*~*~

It would be ten minutes past twelve noon when - laden with April's shopping she made her way into Second Time Round and for the stair case that would lead to the apartment upstairs using the spare key.
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Dead to the world, indeed. The intense deep sleep was long overdue, and after last night's emotional exertion, it was well deserved. Twelve noon came all too quickly, made obvious by the annoying alarm now going off on his phone! Resting on his plastron and face buried into the pillow, he angrily pulled the soft cushiony pillow from beneath him and pressed it over his head, as if that would drown out the noise. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Judging by the amount of sunlight filtering in through the curtained windows, it was past time to get up... but why bother?! Being a bit of a night owl, there wasn't the drive of morning training to force him out of bed. He had been training April while staying here, but with her hectic schedule, their sessions usually came much later, which worked for him. There was no motivation to remove himself from this 'bed' and yet, his tPhone was taking the place of Michelangelo, loud and obnoxious, demanding his attention. He reached beside him to the small end table where he had placed it, but his enormous hand found only space. Of course. April had moved it, knowing that he would only turn it off and return to sleep if it was too conveniently close.

He could just ignore it. Yeah. NO! He had never been good at ignoring annoying things! Mike had always known this and that was the reason behind the orange-wearing doofus always targeting him! It was a sure fire way to get a reaction. Another frustrated sigh and Raph reluctantly pushed himself, the soreness from the claw wounds on his cheek making itself known. He had had a lot worse, but considering the emotional stuff delivered behind it...

Trying to shake the memories, the large turtle finally pushed himself up and headed over to where April had placed the phone, angrily silencing it. Finally. Peace and quiet! Now seeing the message, he was relieved to know that Erica was aware of Love and her habits and capabilities.  And was touched by the red-head's constant 'mothering' over him. At least someone cared.

The thought of food didn't interest him. In fact, nothing did. The house was quiet, and while Raph cherished those rare moments at the lair, it was different here. It was becoming a normal thing. No lecturing from Leo. No endless pranks from Mike or the loud, echoing laughter that always followed. No explosions coming from the isolated direction that would be Donatello's lab. Nothing. Sighing inwardly, Raph moved back over to the couch, contemplating on going back to sleep. It as daylight out so it wasn't like he could go patrol the city. Maybe go see what Casey was up to? Or.. did he have a job? He thought he remembered his best bud mentioning something about that. Yeah. There was nothing to do, and no one to keep his self-destructing mind from doing further damage. Maybe it was best to just sleep the day away. Surely tonight would be better.

No sooner than he sat on the couch, his keen sense of hearing detected the footsteps approaching the door. Lighter and without the familiar 'clicking' of April's heels. The scent.. he could smell her even through the barrier of the door... it wasn't April! Then the door clicked, causing Raph to shoot up from the couch and quickly retreat for the closest hiding place... April's den closet. Even though the tight place was stuffed, he managed to squeeze inside, but unfortunately there wasn't enough room to completely close the door. A small crack and the darkness would cloak him, but he could still see out...

...crap! His dew rag and pair of sai were placed, in plain sight, on the coffee table! But there was no time to retrieve them.....
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Juggling heavy filled paper bags and the key and the door knobe Erica used her soft boot covered toe to edge the door open quietly - not that she would hear it with her ear phones in.

Ear phones, a sure fire way to try to discourage as much as possible eye contact on the public transport systems of New York, to avoid drawing attention from less than friendly people and feign ignorance to those that tried to attract her attention. Of course this would be different if the other was very old or young. And in those moments ears full of misc music usually having selected one of the many radio channels by chance of scanning she would covertly study her fellow commuters as ever. Curious and imagining what the day held for them.

Now - a tad sweaty from carrying the shopping - she was inside and nudged the door closed once more placing the shopping down on the floor and immediately seeing the tracked in marks on the carpet April had mentioned in her instructions texts. Huh well they'll take a bit of GranGrans methods of cleaning to get up, Erica thought chuckling as she unloaded and sat to pull off her fake snake skin green boots and purple knee high toe socks from underneath. Then standing she removed the green jacket too hanging it up. All that done she tucked the spare key into the pocket and scooped back up the shopping bags, grunting a bit under their awkward weight heading to the kitchen... noting the couch was still in flat out position.

Bags went onto the bench and she straightens the slightly scrunched soft purple dress - pausing a little. As had occurred several last late night showers she had the curious sensation of being watched. And this she was good at detected, after all her best friend was a gator, their games in the sewers included mock 'huntings', and like all those times she was not particularly concerned just began unloading April's shopping onto the bench space preparing to pack it all away, occasionally glancing about singing along to the music on the radio. "When I'm gone, when I'm goooone, You're gonna miss me when I'm gone, You're gonna miss me by my walk -"
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:56 pm

And the 'intruder' finally made her way in... peachy! It didn't take long for Raph to realize who the girl was. Erica. PeepShowGirl. The young lady that gave him a..um... 'hard' time in the bathroom! Now, he felt guilty even watching her, but he couldn't help it. Not only was she pretty, but knowing that she had maintained a friendship with a mutant for years made him think... maybe, just maybe she could accept him. Just the thought of it caused his heart to race and constrict... no... he couldn't expose himself. her life was already in danger for knowing one mutant. He didn't know Leatherhead's whole story, but he was sure the Gator didn't have as many enemies that would love to get at them by harming a friend. Splinter had always told them that befriending those accepting of them would place them in danger....

But his pair of sai, and dew rag.. he needed to get those! Surely weapons would raise questions that April would be unable to convincingly answer. She was singing and distracted and through all the nervousness, he did note that she had a pleasant voice, even if the sound of his own frantic heartbeat seemed to muffle it. Maybe, just maybe she was too distracted to notice... he was ninja, he could surely rush past her and retrieve his belongings...

Waiting for the perfect moment and while she was facing the other direction, he rushed out, destined for the coffee table....
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 am

"Mmm, slooow,"She might have missed the activity behind her entirely. Her music changing to an instrumental version of toxic love which she applied her oooown lyrics too, enjoying the beat hips moving to it. "Mmm, finally. Aah, fiiine. Oooh, ommmmmmm."

"Sweet and sweat, black satin. Hands light, with each caress," If she was not feeling within every inch of herself that she was not entirely alone, and being watched. If her movements where not slow and calm as she tucked things away where they were meant to be in the pantry and fridge. Knowing where April liked things to be away. If she had not accidentally knocked an ear bud free and caught the very slight thud behind her. "Sliiide beneath me, Rise up above," though it alone was not entirely worrying and would not normally have made her turn around, but her human eyes designed to catch movement, indeed caught the sight of something that should not have been there in her peripheral vision

"Ooh, you'll love my, tss ah, ahh -" She turned to look and was so startled by what she could see from the kitchen, which was a very large turtle, moving with incredible speed she yelped and bumped against the fridge, dropping the can she had in her hand on her toe. "Ahhhh! - ow!" And she hops on the spot rubbing her abused by the can of peaches toe - awkwardly as her wide eyes were on him.

And even under the surprise there was a surge of excitement -

of course she had seen through a computer screen her best friend and his new companions, three very large mutant turtles and a mutant rat and mutant cat. But she had had very little to go on with color and references for real size.

And here was another, as poor quality as the picture had been she could see this was not... what were their names? Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo? There was no slash of blue, purple and or orange across eyes. But he was reaching reaching for a red cloth on the table.
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:52 am

Raphael was certain that he cold make it to the coffee table and back into the closet in time and she would be none the wiser. Of course Turtle Luck was running true to form and things didn't go as planned... they never did! He had grabbed his possessions and froze the moment her eyes locked on him, startled and excited... but his own gaze was a look of sheer horror. It was almost like a reflex. The moment a human would spot them, screaming and throwing of random objects and hurtful insults and the occasional comical attack....

....but none of this happened...

Now, what to do?! Retreat to the closet? Send her to sleepy town with pressure points? Make a bee line for the window? All of those things were doable, but drastic and considering that this was April's friend, he finally relaxed his muscles out of their frozen state, a look of annoyance crossing his features, irritated with himself for being discovered. But.. was it really so bad? She had accepted a mutant before....

"What. You gonna scream now?" He almost seethed, shoving the pair of deadly sharpened sai into his belt, then pulled the dew rag over his head....
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 3:52 am

She let go of her foot and though her little toe, with it's slightly discolored toenail stood off the floor she stood straight and was taken back to a time almost ten years ago when she had been a petite six year old reading out loud The Cat in the Hat and Leatherhead had slowly come towards her out of a dark shadow caused by the buildings and sat close to her, intrigued by her stumbling, fumbling readings but seemingly scared, as if expecting her to be frightened and or throw things at him.

She wondered if this turtles aggressive sounding tone and the way he handled his... weapons? His questions were driven by the same sort of inner fears?

And juxtaposed to his manner her own return expression was - warm.

And it occurred to her whom he was - Raph! - the one whom she and grandmother brought the cake over for! She did not rudely look him up and down, just met those fierce eyes with her own a smile forming. Pondering whether Raph was short for Raphael, wow whomever gave them their names, or their parent... parents? had a taste for the masters of art.

"You must be Raphael." She greets, and her smile should be answer enough, no she was not going to scream. "Happy belated birthday, I hope the cake was satisfactory." and she felt she should not burst forth with all the questions for him she had suddenly racing through her mind, feeling she should let him decide on the pace of this ... meet and greet.

She bends to retrieve the can of peaches, she lifts it onto the self then turns to get some more items, sugar and flour, but unfortunately these went up on a top shelf and she gave Raph another smile toeing open the pantry door further and reaching... Hissing a little as standing on her tip toe meant reminding her of her painful toe.

"Sorry it was not a whole cake, but slices of others, GranGran and I hope you found it delicious none the less"
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Still inwardly bracing himself for it, Raphael was taken aback when she instead met his gaze, opting against screaming. Then again, it never seemed like an option to her... and then he remembered, this wasn't her first rodeo.. erm...he wasn't her first mutant encounter...

"I guess Leatherhead desensitized you to mutants.." He observed, speaking the obvious. She met his eyes, it was something that strangers never did. They never wanted to make that connection, to realize their was a soul; a sentient being behind this freakish flesh.

..and she spoke to him, like a normal person in a normal conversation, as if she had no fear of him. "How... how do you know my name?" He asked in shock, the roughness of his tone slowly fading, now curious if not a little nervous. "Did.. April tell you about me?" That was the only logical way. April had cared if he had a birthday. But why? Why would she tell this stranger about him? She was always so protective. Was it because Erica already had mutant experience? Raph had no idea that she had already met his family via video.

Seeing her struggling with putting away supplies on the top shelf, he sighed, knowing that he should distance himself, but the way she spoke to him, regarding him as another human being, it was hard just to ignore her. Finally edging closer, almost similar to a scared, unsure puppy, he began placing things on the top shelf so she wouldn't have to aggravate her injury any further. Then he remembered, she had asked him a question...

"Yeah, the cake was good... um...thanks..." God, it felt so awkward expressing gratitude, especially to someone he knew nothing about- someone who should be screaming and throwing groceries at him. Still, this was extremely awkward and he couldn't shake the nervous feeling, like every nerve was on end, demanding for him to retreat. To spare her of knowing him; spare her of contaminating those beautiful, inquisitive and understanding eyes with the freakish sight of him.

Placing the last item on the shelf, he speaks in a less offensive tone.. almost quiet, conveying his gratitude. "Um, thanks for not screamin' or thorwin' shit at me..." Because yeah, no mater how tough he seemed, such acts really hurt his feelings....

Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 pm

A chuckle as she for a moment had given up trying to reach the top shelf, looking for something she could stand on to give her the last couple of inches worth of height needed to reach, "Not exactly, I never screamed at Leatherhead either, and he had been near ten feet long and I six when I first saw him..." she hmmphed not finding anything to stand on. "Guess, I just never felt afraid..." and she really did not. Though she perhaps should have been, back then and since LH was and is a powerful creature with weight and strength and size. Well aware at any moment with him he could seriously hurt her, kill her, accidentally as she knew he could never do so intentionally. And this turtle was also, very large and she could tell had great strength. She was old enough to understand a 'normal' person would have been scared, would have screamed, thrown things, hurled insults, run away... Fainted. Maybe she was just a weirdo.

But she was okay with that.

His shocked tone, which seemed to take the rough aggressiveness from the deep slightly accented voice, came with his question and she shook her head looking back at him. "April never said nothing, though she has mentioned your name, Raph and those of your brothers?" there was a slight question to her tone here.. Surely they were brothers? "Don, Leo and Mikey from time to time and ... A Master Splinter. But never details, just names. I guessed your name is Raphael. After meeting your brothers via web cam in Leatherheads Den and learning their names were Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo I just guessed Raph is short for Raphael." She answers honestly. "And I wrote your name on the birthday cake box." 

And maybe she had made her struggle to get things away on high shelves more obvious than needed to encourage him closer, and she was glad for the hand, made the chore easy and quick "Thank you." sincere with a - she hoped - charming smile. Even if, all the while she had had to suppress amused chuckling at his shy puppy like approach. She kept out the fresh box of soda bicarbonate nodding and finding his gaze again, used to meeting the gaze of Leather head. And like her friend whose eyes were a murky deep green that would never be a color human eyes held, Raphael's had a topaz color, far too gold to be mere hazel and bright. Fascinating! And quite pretty set against the red of the dew rag, and green of his eyelids. "that's good, I will pass on compliments to GranGran, like any cook she loves hearing that her crafts were enjoyed." he seemed awkward. 

"your welcome, as with Jaws, screaming, throwing things.. Never occurred to me." and speaking she had to remind herself he probably was a bit awkward feeling... Where as for her he was a new person but she never had trouble getting along with anybody, and barely noticed he was a giant bipedal talking turtle. "mind if I ask how old you are?" because she knew sometimes that kind of enquiry could be taken as a rude one to make of someone you just met. Though he did not 'sound' very old to her. Her age? And now he was closer her eyes found his clawed cheek.. They looked nasty, her hand rose to touch them... Then she quickly passed the motion off as one to going to her hair, playing with a lock of the dark brown reddishness. Reminding herself in time this was not LH, and she should ask before touching with the easy familiarity she would with her gator friend. "Do those claw marks hurt? or feel itchy? They look like they may need a little attention, I know where April keeps her kit, I could clean them up and put in a stitch or two..." she offers.
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:25 am

Feeling extremely uneasy at first, Raphael worked quickly at his voluntary actions of putting away groceries. Even though she had not screamed or shown disgust, he still felt as if he shouldn't get too close. God forbid if she accidentally touched him and found his skin repulsive.

He listened as she spoke, explaining how she knew his name and had even met his family via web. Man, if only they could reach out to him like that.. at least make an effort to contact. At least Splinter and Mikey had. But Leo and Don? It seemed they no longer cared. It made sense. Swallowing down those thoughts, he tried to focus on anything else, and found himself staring at her as she spoke, perhaps a little too intensely.

Peepshow girl. She was just as beautiful in person as she had been during her bathroom window debut. And, she was so open minded...

When her eyes met his, he realized his error and quickly averted her gaze, only seconds before she almost brushed his cheek. Cheeks now flushed with red from the embarrassment and awkwardness he was feeling. Quick! What to say?!

"Yeah... they itch a lil..." He told her, hoping that would explain the redness he could feel..."Feverish..." Yup. That should do it. Because it certainly wasn't due to blushing! Pffft, who was he kidding... "But, you ain't gotta..." Normally reluctant to have anyone touch him, honestly.. he wouldn't mind her, but feared her reaction to him. Once again not considering the fact that she had touched mutant reptiles before.

"And... I'm 18." He finally answered. "You?"

Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:43 am

There was an intensity to the eyes she found, taking in the shape before he looked away, breaking the contact. Also seemed to be a longing... 

Huh - she'd seen the same look in Leatherheads eyes before, and being best friends she of course was privvy to the reason behind the look. He yearned for companionship  that she and he would never have. They loved each other, yes, but she would never be his mate. And both were fine with that realization. She wondered if it was the same for Raphael? Maybe not... Well the intensity how ever brief did take her breath away.

Curious. She'd never felt that way when meeting Jaw's predators gaze. Never.

And the way red stained the green of his cheeks! "such a deep lovely green..." she murmur soft and admiringly. Again unlike humans there was not the white, beige, pink, mocha, ochre, browns, black skin colors...

"a fever?!" it might have only been a cover for the blush, but coupled with the confirmation those claw marks were even a little bit itchy made her think there was cause for worry and politeness be damned!... well most of it. "forgive me if this is too forward-" a whisper almost as her hands both rose one gently resting fingers over his unharmed cheek little finger under the point of his chin, thumb brushing his snout, encouraging, not forcing his head a little to the side and up so she had a better view. "and itchy - it sounds like I do gotta. And I'd be happy to, it is no trouble, Leatherhead has been training me and himself to be the first mutant medical personnel..." she shifts a little closer to him, other hands fingers tracing the shape and length of those scratches feeling for puffiness or heat, any moisture in the scales of his skin here, comparing it to the sensation of his skin beneath her stationary hand. "mmm" she thinks.

She did have a little 'liberated' broad spectrum antibiotics in her coats pockets, that with a good clean and stitching should prevent infection setting in, they looked like cat clawings... But big... Like a mountain lion size... A cougar... - wait... Love! - she ... She did this? -

hmmmm

And she stops her rambling thoughts smiling at him. "eighteen, only a little older than I.. did you have a good one? get a present or two?" she asks little finger under his chin wriggling a little, "I... have not told you my name, I'm Erica and I am seventeen." and stands up on her tiptoes to look closer at the lacerations.
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Raphael tensed, still hesitant to let her touch him, but she was determined and before he could protest, her soft fingers made contact with his freakish skin. He tensed, instinctively bracing himself for a physical reaction, but she resumed her 'work',fussing over the wound and prodding around it with gentle fingers...

It didn't take long for the anxiousness to subside, giving way to that comforting feeling of April as she treated him with the same sort of care, and yet.. this was slightly different. A low, involuntary churr emitted from the beast, both surprising and embarrassing him. He tried to play it of with a 'clearing' of his throat, but there was still a low hum as he carefully pulled away...

"If.. yer gonna do this, guess I should be more on yer level..." Okay, so he was giving in. Allowing her to do what very few could ever accomplish without earning bruises or broken bones. Touch him. He finally took a seat in one of the kitchen chairs, the slight awkwardness returning in her fingers' absence. Then came the long awaited introduction, even though it wasn't completely necessary.

"Yeah, I know.." He said without thinking, then realized that not only did it sound rude but stalkerish! " I mean....I nly know because April talks about you...." Open mouth, insert foot!

Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am

Her fingers brushed and tapped a shoulder. "oh no thats ok-" she had just began to say he could remain standing if he wished. Wondering at the soft purr like noise her touch seemed to have called forth, and the goose flesh the very low sound sent along her own flesh. Back up as he pulls away to go sit. She lifts the first aid kit from its above the fridge cupboard and places it at the table near him, having followed. 

"talked about me huh? All good stories I hope?" she jokes stepping towards her hanging up coat and feeling about in the pockets taking finding the little black satchel and it's little vials and needles bringing it to the table to and opening it then the kit, going to find a tea towel as she talks, amused and not at all concerned like her already having had guessed his name, he likewise knew her name. 

And tea towel in hand she returns to Raphael sitting in a chair and drawing it closer to him their knees brushing gently placing the tea towel over his shoulder reaching to pluck from the kit one little alcohol wipe, tearing off the top and shifting to her other hand, now teat towel and cleansing wipe free her fingers lightly touch under his chin to again gently encourage his head to tilt a little exposing the claw marks. "I'll give these a quick clean, it may sting a little." she warns before swiping gently where her fingers before had touched so carefully. "Also given this is a cat scratch as long as its okay with you I'll give you a little antibiotics and anti parasitic drugs. Cats have a habit of leaving nasties in their scratches..."

And tickling his chin a little with her finger she adds. "so... what has April said about me?" A curious smile her eyes fixed on her task of ensuring she did not miss a millimeter in cleaning the claw marks. "I'll tell you something she shared about you guys if you like."
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 12:23 am

"Eh..my lil brother and dad dropped by for my birthday..." Raphael finally answered, having been torn on a response earlier. He would have kept his feelings bottled up inside, but if someone was willing to listen, then maybe he should get it off his chest because honestly, it fucking hurt! "But guess I'm dead to Leo and Donnie."

This whole situation still had Raphael feeling extremely awkward and insecure, but he tried to push that aside, allowing her to touch him. He gave a small nod of understanding, knowing the sterilizing process would be painful, but not fully prepared for the extreme stinging which earned a wince that he quickly tried to play off.

"Yeah... cat's are nasty creatures.." Though, his opinion was based on this particular  Cat and her 'personality' and habits of toying with males.

Shifting his head to give her better access to the slash marks, watching her from the corner of his eye. The intensity and... beauty. He could look at her differently than he would allow himself with April. Erica was nearly the same age. But still, he knew she was off limits, simply because he was a 'freak' and while she seemed so accepting, she would surely choose a human existence over making her own life complicated by seeing him as anything more than a friend. Still, it didn't stop him from wishing that his life could be different. That companionship wasn't just a fantasy.

"I know April warned you about her... about Love....so... keep yer distance from her." He warned, sighing deeply. "Sucks that your friend got caught up in all this. Donnie shoulda warned him..."

And breaking from his thoughts when she asked what April had said about her. "She was tellin' me how...amazin' you are..." Okay, this was awkward! "I mean, to be so acceptin' of a huge mutant gator.." Then came her comment, phew. A diversion away from the awkward topic.

"What'd she tell you?"
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:01 am

Her eyes flick from her task to meet his - watching her with an intensity that again made her forget to breath! Again making her wonder at the reaction.

She gives him a smile. "Well... she did tell me that a mornings breakfast with you all here, with her Casey was enough to prove to her she needed this bigger stronger table. That you all had been shoulder to shoulder and elbowing each other and paying each other out, teasing... bwady jokes and toast crusts a flying. Said she got this table because she had enjoyed the noise and feel and laughter of the morning so much that she hoped with a bigger table there would be more meals like that... and room for extras." Her fingers worked as she spoke cleaning the last of the scratches, the middle three were the deepest, the outer two mere lines in his strong skin, and these she cleaned last.

And that done her eyes left his for a few moments as she lets the slightly pinked and red stained wipe rest discarded for the moment on the tea towel over his shoulder before then choosing from the black satchel a small tube of numbing gel squeezing a little on to her pointer finger tip and tracing it around the edges of the open claw marks admittedly going slower and being careful not only to ensure she got a good coverage but also to feel his skin!

So curious she was - had been since hearing of turtle mutants rumors sort of confirmed by Baxter. So intensely curious since seeing his father, his brothers via web cam. And Now even more so - so close to him she could see individual scales. She wanted to trace the scars she could see and ask of the stories behind each one. And find that plastron with her fingers not just her eyes and ask what he could feel through it! Discover the patterns on his carapace...

His words of her - evoked a deep blush and again she found his gaze putting the little tube back in the satchel. "To me... you... Jaws... are amazing... So... unique... magnificent." a touch of awe in her voice. "I could do nothing but befriend him from the moment he came over to listen to me read The Cat in The Hat... As I feel I will your brothers, your father, when I meet them... as I feel we -" She blushes, dropping her eyes from his only to search the kit for the suture thread and needle, threading it easily, "- uh you and I are finding... friendship... a bond." Why she did not just say 'friendship' like she had her own Jaws, like his brothers and father she could not have said right then, her eyes finding his again. Her middle finger that had not spread the gel on his skin rising to tracing where the gel had been smoothed over him. "If the numbing agent has done it's job you wont feel my touch, let me know if you can feel it, means we'll have to wait a little longer."

"As for Love... I have no fear of her - Leatherhead probably knows by now. No doubt some one would have told him. He wont let her hurt me and I will do my best to not put myself in a situation she feels the need or opportunity to attack." She promises him with a smile.

And then his words about his brothers Leo and Don. She had left this to last for the moment deliberating how best to respond. Because whatever drove such words... was not her business - but she had a curious flash of knowing her new friend might need to vent, to talk about it. "Raphael, I won't ask what happened," She began her tone gentle as her touch. "And I also wont turn a deaf ear if you wish to tell me, as to what would make you say something like that, to feel like that," He must be hurting and she was a sympathetic ear even if as an outsider she really had no idea what was going on unless he felt he could trust and tell her. "From what April has ever said in the past about you guys it usually included a underlying thread of strong family unit, and her honor to be a part of it." Her eyes drifted for a moment gazing at his but not at him for several seconds, then back with a blink still tracing his scratches waiting for confirmation to proceed with the stitches or not. "I - as someone whose mother is dead, doubt such a strong family bond - whatever is going on now - would let your brothers feel such a way about you."

"Perhaps they just don't know how to approach you right now - but they will. They will." Unawares she echoed April's thoughts on the matter. "And probably then plot to throw a belated birthday party full of shenanigans and drinking and frivolity."

Last edited by Erica Martins on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Raphael listened as she told him of what April had said, about enjoying their breakfast together, no mater how chaotic it had been. It touched him to be reminded that the modifications to her home had all been with them in mind. She genuinely wanted them to be a part of her life. Still, he couldn't help but frown at the memory. Even if everyone seemed so confident that things would return to their natural state and they would all be together soon.... Raphael just couldn't feel that...

He allowed such destructive thoughts to fade for the moment, soother by her touches as she smeared  the gel over the wounds, the pain of contact made worth it due to how soothing her skin felt. A low churr, and he inwardly cursed himself for the gesture, but it was an automatic response, content despite the chaos and earlier tension he had felt over being within such close proximity. How could she put him at ease like this?

"She.. eats people. So you wouldn't need to give her a reason to attack if she's cravin' human. She says she's reformed, but after last night, I doubt she'll keep her word.." He warned about Love, not wanting her to fall victim. Sure, Leatherhead would protect her in his presence, but he couldn't watch her 24/7. She needed to be aware. "She eats Gators and Turtles, too.. though... I don't think we have anything to worry about." Well, at least he and Leatherhead wouldn't. They could take her. But poor gullible Donnie....

The gel only slightly numbed him, still detecting her light touches and enjoying the warmth and soothing nature of her fingertips. He wasn't so sure that the ointment could numb someone of his size completely.. but did he even want that? To be unable to feel her fingers as she worked? To be denied her touch, no matter how painful it would be?

"It's workin... I'm good.." He lied, deciding that feeling her fingers was worth the pain of the needle as it shoved through his hide...

Then she voiced on the topic of his brothers. Part of him was grateful that she didn't ask and through her observation based on April's talks about them, an opening for him to let it out if he needed to....

...and he needed that....

"I jus'... tried to protect 'em. From Love." He began, gaze turning downcast from the emotional pain he felt. "Splinter put me in charge of leadin' and when Donnie tried to help Love, she attacked him. Tried to eat him.  I ordered them to stay away from her.. that I'd deal with her.. .but they went behind my back. Things got heated and....I...I left. Because I knew it was best for them..." He took a deep breath, mind foggy with all the uncertainties and despite April and Erica's reassurances,  unsure that things would ever be the same. That was made obvious by the fact that neither Donnie or Leo had bothered to at least call in his birthday. They really had forgotten him. But both ladies seemed confident that the two brothers just didn't know how to approach him. Well, maybe that was the case with Donnie, but Leo? That asshole had never had trouble approaching him before....[/color]
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:42 pm

And his emotional pain was one she recognized, and understood. Though unlike her own he and his brothers still had the chance... A chance... Where as she would always have that part of her family that was gone forever. And without thought her hand shifted, the numb finger from the gel standing out lightly cupped his head thumb brushing where she guessed rather than knew his ear hole was under his red dew rag, just sharing for a few moments something they, two strangers an hour ago shared. Emotional loss.

"Raph -" maybe a slight hesitation as she was not certain she should use his nickname... But it felt nice saying it. How odd to think that over just saying a name! "your so far distant brothers will eventually reach out to you... surely realizing no matter how heated things were, you were just doing what you thought was best..." Erica had waited for his assurance his cheek was numb. But really wondered if it was, his skin was much stronger than human skin, and this gel was for human skin. If only she had some of the homemade stuff she and her best bud had made for Gator strength skin... But alas she did not and he said it was. "though, doubt things will just go back to the way they were, there sounds like a lot of tension and there will always be this hurt... Things, they never really do go back to the way they were it is true.. but slightly changed in someways is not always a bad thing. As long as family tries to make it work again is what matters." her hand moves back to his injury, maybe the cool numb finger tracing the curve of his lower jaw, now aware her touch drew more of that soft noise and wondering if it would rise in volume. Maybe sometime she would tell him she like the sound.

She brings her chair right up against his folding her knees in a cross legged position on her chair though it meant one knee lightly rested against his thigh, she was not uncomfortable and it was better, she was closer and better able to work, lightly squeezing the edges of one of the scratches together and starting, pressing the strong thick little needle through the together edges, not one side at a time, trying her best to not prolong this part, still not entirely certain he had been entirely honest about being completely numb here. 

Listening to his warning about Love, though as she threaded the edges of this scratch together with practiced ease, having done this to Leatherhead a few times and her self and practiced on plenty of oranges. "what happened last night? If you no mind me asking... Did she try something? Did she try to hurt Leatherhead? April? Your brother?... Or You? Is whatever happened the reason why you bare her claw marks?" she asks immediately worried for them all, and her own possible potential danger coming last, though of course it did not mean she did not seek to assure him! "I'll be careful, though am surprised... And also not my kind hearted bestie would allow her to remain in his Den being a known killer." Again sensing he had more on his mind, again the offer and encouragement to talk if he wished, her ears were open without pushing the issue.
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 am

The awkwardness of her closeness soon eased into a sense of contentment, which, he himself couldn't understand. Still, he couldn't deny how.. 'nice' it felt. To be this at ease with someone. A feeling that he once thought was reserved exclusively for April. The churrs continued as she touched him, the overwhelming urge to press into her hand as she caressed the side of his head, and chin, not minding as her fingers moved over his skin.

He tried to take her words to heart and even appreciated them, but still feared that things had gone too far this time and two of his brothers had given up on him. Still, he wouldn't say this, appreciating and not wanting to discourage her efforts...

"Thanks." He responded quietly, bracing himself as her fingers pushed torn flesh together and the needle pierced through both sides. He masked a wince, though his nictating eyelids flickered ever so slightly, a hitch in the once contented churr.

Then came her questions. Man. How was he supposed to answer?

There was a moment of hesitation as his eyes briefly met hers, momentarily causing him to forget what she had asked, and reality settled back in when the needle made another go.

"Yeah.. she tried somethin'.." He admitted, the guilt settling in once again. "Did somethin', I mean... but Leatherhead is fine. And April. She..has a thing for Donnie, and for me ...apparently..." And he took a deep breath. Maybe he should just leave it at that? Surely it would bring more questions....

"She.. .came onto me...an' I said 'no'.. but she didn't listen..."

Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:00 am

Tying off the last stitch of this scratch, and apologetically stroking the neat firm line with her finger hoping to take the sting of the needle and replace it something more pleasant... Maybe her fingers warmth and softness?

Before she had to again thread the needle. Pausing and smiling at him - eyes having had crossed for some several moments her tongue sticking out as she lines the minuscule thread end with the minuscule eye on the needle - uncrossed meeting his. Holding for some moments. "Your welcome." and meaning it, not just a empty return, her thumb and little finger pinching the needle between them her three free fingers lightly stroking his skin along his pulse briefly.

Then she had to resume causing him discomfort. Pinching the longest and middle scratch edges together and -

Stopping, her fingers relaxing letting the edges of this scratch relax listening to him her eyes finding his again..

He said no...

She did not listen...

- oh!! And her eyes widened for a moment picturing a evening a long time ago her 'no' had gone in noticed. The loud rumbling... The sting of the cold and stench of the water.... "and you... Could not stop..." she murmurs.

Her hand placed the needle on the table and again sort to offer contact and comfort hands lightly resting on the shoulder closest. "I... I... am sorry..." It sounded so inadequate! But she hoped he knew she got it, and understood, somehow. He did not have to give her a blow by blow. Unless he wanted to. " having come close to assaults on public transport myself and few times-" and one time by her gator best friend! "I can... Sympathize but not really understand how you must be... Feeling about... I'm sorry." and would be having words with Leatherhead about the cat woman!.

She of course did not know April had spoke to Raphael also of the night that just run through her memory like a scene from a creature feature horror movie. The night she had almost drowned... Or been torn in halves... Or raped.

This time she would return to the stitching - wondering at the feeling of warmth, the companionship settling about them. Even given she was poking his tough hide with a needle. And touched he shared even this much with her, someone he only heard of through April. And she did not fail to note he had not mentioned what he got for his birthday and wondered if because of the fight going on the gifts had been few or none...

Her eyes fell on her coat.. She had something in there she could bestow on him. Not a big gift but a little something.
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Raphael was also surprised with just how open he was with her. Funny how it felt like he had known her for awhile and a bond had already been formed. He knew her through April, from the birthday cake that she and her grandmother had so beautifully put together for him... he knew her through the 'peep show'. Perhaps that was why the wall had come down a little. She had been vulnerable without even realizing it; an intimate moment that he had accidentally fallen into...and as a return he would reveal his deepest darkest secret that would no doubt torment him for a long time. Besides, being around her made him feel at ease. No one, aside from April, ever made him feel that way.

He could see the sympathy in her gaze and it echoed in her tone. "It's okay.." He said, giving a small shrug and once again nictating eyelids flickering as the needle again pushed through his reptilian hide. The only sign of discomfort, but the contact of her warm finger was comforting.

It wasn't okay. He was simply shrugging the situation off because as much as he needed to talk about it, what was done was done. No fixing it. He had been violated and used, but the worst pain of all was knowing this would crush Donnie. Their relationship was already rocky but this could very well be what broke them forever. Would his brother understand that he couldn't control himself? Would he know that Raph would never do anything to hurt him so badly? Maybe, just maybe Don didn't feel anything other than compassion towards Love, and he was over thinking this whole situation. Maybe things would be okay, at least between them....

His thoughts went back to Erica and what April had told him about her friendship with a mutant Alligator. He once again met her gaze, testing, hoping that his next words would be accepted.. "Eh.. April told me about what happened... between you and Leatherhead... when you were younger..." He began, feeling slightly awkward, but wanting her to know that he understood. "So.. I know you get it more than anyone else. You.. know... some of us can't control it... even if we want to. The danger is always there. And yet, yer not afraid of him... or me..." And that baffled him to no end. Most humans feared them without any reason to, but she had every reason to hate... yet, here she was. Stitching him up. "Yer brave..."
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 12:39 am

And this time she did not need to stop and re thread having made sure she had enough to go both the last scratches and did them both with no pause this time. No need to prolong his discomfort when she had the hang of the needed force to get through his strong skin and the following tug and loop and repeat, tying off the second scratch before beginning the last and as he shrugged tying it off too and placing the tea towel on his shoulder on the table with the wicked looking little curved suture needle on the cloth and the now dried alcoholic blood pinked wipe.

And her fingers stroked the closed lines of threading to hopefully take away the memory of the needles stabbing, before dropping to his shoulder and squeezing. "It's not okay - I mean there is not much to be done about it - but it's not okay." She reaches her free hand to gather the little vial of anti biotics from the sachel and follows this with the anti parasitic drug, mentally calculating how much to give Raph of each.

Pausing a little as he revealed April had spoke of that night.... so April had pieced together what happened? "Well... then... you can tell me about if you want... I could tell you my experience - can't talk about it for Leatherhead, though maybe it'd be good for him too to have someone whom knows... what... going into the... zone? is like - I mean it wont change things but sometimes just sharing..."

Erica gathered up and giving the vials a little shake her eyes on Raph's it was her turn to give a little shrug. "I may not have understood then at the time what happened, but not once did I blame him - weak and half drugged out on pain killers, the moment my GranGran went to sleep I snuck out to go make sure he was okay. We sat with a steel metal grate between us - his doing... and talked." Erica smiles. "Guess a normal person would never have gone back and viewed him as hideous monster... but I could not stay away or never see him as anything but my best bud." She smiles at his compliment. "Thanks."

Her fingers had lightly traced the raised scar on his shoulder - not noticing as her eyes were still captured by his. "I do understand - it has taken us these years and a few near relapses into the incident to figure out how to avoid such an episode again. Neither one of us two view each other as potential mates, we spoke of it in the past but ... that... that... whatever it is that draws people together is not there between him and I, though I love the green of him."
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:04 pm

The sting of the needle now gone, replaced by the feel of those comforting fingers and he instinctively leaned into the touch until the realization of his actions registered. He immediately shifted slightly, trying to make the yearning a little less obvious, the awkwardness stinging like a slap to the face. How could he be so comfortable with her?! It was self-torture for sure....

"I guess it's the curse of mutants... well... those with animal DNA..." He inwardly cringed, never appreciating being referred to as an animal, even by himself. But after last night, he couldn't deny his roots. A human didn't react in such a way. Well, some did.. but it was by choice, not by hot, blinding instinct. "I..uh, went to question her about a man named Bones... a guy responsible for stealin' organs an'... cuttin' people up but leavin' them alive for his.. 'clients' sick needs.." And remembering the tales of Bones made him feel like less of a monster. This guy chose to be harmful, and for that he needed to be stopped.

"I wasn't expectin' her to come onto me... because I thought she had a thing for Donnie, even though she attacked him. But then.. it happened. I said no, but she didn't let up... and.. I only have vague memories of the 'durin' ..mostly a blur. But, I remember the 'after'..." He told her, still feeling slightly awkward about the topic, but if it meant hearing more of her story in turn, it was worth the mental discomfort.

Hearing that there was no romantic chemistry between her and Leatherhead was  relief, though he didn't even have to wonder why... "I guess.. it would be hard for any human to be.. drawn to a mutant in that way. I mean, it wouldn't exactly make yer life easy... even if you were..." And he was doing it again, staring into her eyes...

...once again his gaze turned downcast, the familiar heat invading his cheeks... quick. Rebound, because this was getting too personal!

"But after hearin' about Bones... I realized I'm not the worst kind of monster..."

Okay... direct the conversation away from himself! "So.. how does Leatherhead control it now? Is there a trick?"
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 pm

There was the awkwardness again, and she felt it herself a little, admittedly pondering if the 'that' she had spoke about that was missing from the relationship she and Leatherhead had - if it was ... Here? In this moment?

She shifts herself in response to his shift, seeking to take the awkwardness away a little, for him, fingers gently rubbing his stitches until she felt the vials were ready and drew her hands away to turn her attention to the needle she had, it would not penetrate his hide, but if she slid it into one of the end scratches it would do. "oh-" his eyes held hers again and all he was telling her, went through her mind. "well... If there was that spark between Leatherhead and I - the fact he is mutant would matter very little, I know he is a gentle, loyal, intelligent soul. And some day someone will love him as much as I do, even more so. She... Or he if it goes that way will not care he is a mutant any more than I do. And be proud to love him wholly no matter how difficult and different it would be." she spoke whilst preparing the medication and was just flicking the needle and pressing out the tiny air bubble in there, and then her fingers returned to his face, cupping a cheek gently before sliding under his chin to bring his beautiful eyes back to hers... No forcing just encouraging. Both so he can see she was not just making meaningless kind words, that she was being honestly hopeful and yet sure she was right, Leatherhead would find a mate one day, and he Raphael too. Slipping the little needle into the last scratch and depressing it, pulling it free in a smooth quick motion her thumb massaging the spot. 

She would get to his mention of the creepoid Bones shortly, she had news for him on that front that could be of help... 

"Humans are animals too, no matter how much most would like to pretend we are not, and the true monsters are among them. You and Leatherhead, maybe a little closer to your animal beginnings and instincts than humans are but ... Monsters? No. Not at all, the monsters are those that choose to be, no matter what beastie they are, human or mutant." She smiles. "not once did I think Jaws was a monster, not when for the first time in six years of friendship did he rumble in a way I had never heard, nor felt, and not when his nictating eyelids slid over his intense deep mossy murky green eyes or that snout bumped against me...." she shivered, as much as she never blamed Leatherhead or thought of him as a beast for the incident it still had been scary. "not even when those jaws caught me in them and he belly slid into the storm water of the drain he'd been living in at that time... Crocodilian mating is in itself, for them a gentle affair, so he was not actually trying to be rough, but Leatherhead just over four years ago had been already about twelve feet and about two hundred and fifty kilos of male gator and he had been trying to position me in the water for..." she blushes. 

"well as you can imagine given humans can't hold our breath for that long without extensive physical and mental training, I began to struggle for air, his jaws tightened digging teeth into me where before they had just held, his rumbles literally vibrating the water. One of my arms in his mouth, hand searching for anything I could find leverage on," she looks guilty herself thinking of this next part. "found his palate which when closed forms a essential air pathway and water tight seal which I yanked on breaking the seal, he was forced to let go... Violently with a toss of his head breaking my arm with the motion but also thankfully tossing me back to the shallow water. I got up and ran." she sighs. "I can recall all that in vivid detail, he can't - like you he recalls only the before and after all in between is a ... muddled blur. For me it's opposite, the day leading up to it was a boring non memorable day, the incident itself clear, and the time stumbling to Aprils door step afterwards a fuzziness... I now understand I had been in shock when I turned up here. I am ever grateful April took care of me that night." she finishes the story, wow - finally to have shared this with someone after four years of sitting it silently. They shared rather disturbing, frightening moments they both experienced. And it further drove away any remaining awkwardness for her. And she hoped him too. After all the almost familiar companionship that was around them could only strengthen having both shared.

"I... I actually can give you information on Bones." and warn him about Baxter and the hunter Bonesteel. Then his question and she tapped his chin, her fingers had stayed there thumb rubbing spot. Thinking how best to answer. "For Jaws it is a constant struggle but he can at least now recognize the 'zone' approaching, ready to encroach on his mind and remove himself from the situation or ... I have learned there are... Places on his face and body that can be lightly scratched that help center him, also he has slowly desensitized himself to the scents that set him off, in his case the particular smell of female ovulation."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginnings
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT Origins RPG :: The Land of the Dead :: The Archives :: RPG Scenes [Foot Prints]-
Jump to: